Thursday, September 29, 2011

Finally some peace & random thoughts...

Thank you LORD for the peace you've placed upon my household this week!  It is a miracle!  Cooperative kids...housework/chores getting done, and a 4 day weekend with hubby!  What more could I ask for, well plenty, but I will be just thankful for what I have.

I do not like the daily teenage drama, and 8 yr olds with attitudes...5 year olds that are tired and frustrated with school...but it is part and parcel with being a mom.  I just have to take a deep breath, count to 5, and pray for them.  It is frustrating when I try to get them to talk to me and I just can't figure out what is bothering my kids...some days I am totally clueless!  I do give it my best though and prayer does the rest.

Had a Facebook post pop up the other day that said,"Tonight my kids were being overly dramatic and I thought, "I wonder if Jesus looks down at me and thinks the same thing?"" It made me stop and think.  How often are we (The Christian Body) doing the same thing...being dramatic, throwing tantrums, and acting like a two year old?  It is the battle with the flesh, that we fight on a daily basis, and unfortunately there are days where it wins.

How do I battle the flesh, pray, praise God, and do my best to bury myself in His Living Word (a.k.a. The Bible)...he is my strength and inspiration.  Is he yours?

No comments:

Post a Comment